Offered by TAHPERD PARTNERS
CATCH is offering a "Restart Smart" school re-entry training series that I thought may be helpful for your members. Each training can be a stand alone, or they can be taken together. Here is a blurb that you can share through an email blast, newsletter, social or other communication channel.
CATCH Whole Child Restart Smart Virtual Training
This summer schools and communities are preparing for the most uncertain, uncharted school year perhaps ever.
There are a few things we do know for sure:
1) schools must focus on health and safety for all students, staff and community members now and moving into the future,
2) students need PE and Health Education content and opportunities to be physically active, relieve stress and practice healthy behaviors as a part of the school day,
3) educators need solutions that are adaptable and flexible.
CATCH Global Foundation is applying it's evidence based whole child and health and PE program to prepare schools to meet the challenges presented by the COVID pandemic with a series of virtual training opportunities. Read about training descriptions and pricing information here: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/1300591e/XjWokwuBf0maTVM8RaAXJQ?u=https://www.catch.org/pages/training
School Health Advisory Councils (SHACs) 101!
Sept 15 | 11:30 am
As schools struggle with how to reopen and keep children safe, SHACs have a role to play. What are SHAC responsibilities? How do SHACS fit into pandemic response? How does an effective SHAC function? What does the law require? Join us and learn from experienced leaders who are helping their SHACs be engaged and effective during this critical time.
Vaping is a Health Hazard! What Can You Do to Protect Your Kids? (Part 1)
October 6, 2020 | 11:30 am
Vaping is a Health Hazard! What Can You Do to Protect Your Kids? (Part II)
October 7, 2020 11:30 am
According to the 2018 Texas Youth Tobacco Survey, 13% of youth used e-cigarettes in the past 30 days. This means that 18.9% of high school students and 6.0% of middle school students used e-cigarettes in the past 30 days.1
E-cigarettes are dangerous and we must provide our schools with the resources and support to keep our children safe. Join us for two webinars that will share resources, policies and programs to help you help your school fight against vaping. 1 2018 TX Youth Tobacco Survey
• Information on the youth vaping epidemic, laws, and policies
• Overview of the links between vaping, lung health, and infectious diseases, like coronavirus
• In-depth look at the evidence-based CATCH My Breath curriculum including STEM and Humanities
• Policies that can have a major impact at state, local and campus level
• SAYWHAT! youth engagement initiative
• Students share their experiences and success